Day 6 Samson for The Big and Tall Rider
The Day 6 Samson is designed and built for the big and tall rider who wants to ride a bike. If you are 5’1″ to 6’10” and less than 400 lbs. there is a Samson bike for you. Most bicycles have a maximum rider weight of 250 lbs, the standard Day 6 Dream is 300 lbs. The Day 6 Samson with it’s reinforced frame and upgraded components has a maximum rider weight of 400 lbs. For the big and tall rider who wants to enjoy biking with a safe ride the Samson is ideal.
The 24 speed Samson is equipped to go almost everywhere with almost anyone. And the same as all Day 6 bicycles the Samson ships with all of Day 6’s comfort features and the Day 6 acclaimed ergonomics. The Day 6 Samson like all Day 6 bikes is comfortable, safe and fun to ride.
The Day 6 Samson is available in three frame sizes, small, large and extra large.
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′ to 5’7 (up to 28″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’7 to 6’2 (28″ inseam – 32″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’2 to 6’9 (32″ inseam – 36″ inseam)
The main difference between the Day 6 frame sizes is in the seat tube support and the seat tube extension.
- Graphite – GR
- Red Raspberry – RR
- Nautical Blue – NB
- Tires – Large & Small: Maxxis Gypsy 26×2.1 with Kevlar
- Tires – SamsonXL: Maxxis Hookworm 26×2.5
- Rims: Alex DM24 with Eyelets – 36 Spoke
- Spokes: 12 Guage Stainless
- Crankset: Shimano
- Headset: Neco sealed bearings
- Chain ring: Shimano 22/32/42
- Chain: KMC rust buster
- Stem: UNO, alloy, adjustable, 90mm
- 24 Speed
- Brakes: Tektro Disc, 203 mm, Front and Rear
- Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Shifter: Shimano Acera Trigger
- Seat Strut Kit
- Weight Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″
- Some assembly of Day 6 Bicycles is required, a local bike shop is recommended.
- Link to the Day 6 website and the Samson
- Day 6 Samson for the Big and Tall rider